Saturday, June 20, 2009

Farmers Market

Mommy has made it her new mission (other than working on Mia's reactivity) to socialize me the right way this time. She socialized sissy Mia with lots of different people and places and situations but not enough with other dogs.

So she plans on taking me to doggie day camp once or twice a week and taking me to the dog park almost every morning and maybe evenings. Daddy is also going to take me to a puppy training class as soon as I'm old enough and we can find one.

Right now we're a little stir crazy because I don't have all my shots. That means that I can't go anywhere unless someone is holding me. The last thing we want is for me to get sick and be in the hospital.

Mommy decided to take me to the local farmers market today partly for the socialization and partly so that daddy could sleep longer (I was wide awake and rearing to go!). The farmers market was packed and I got petted by not less than 30 people - men, women and children! Everyone was offering me water and treats too. It was a lot of fun! I even let people hold my paws and gave a few ladies kisses.

We got a good haul at the market:


Fresh homemade french bread, vanilla rum cake, cauliflower, red and green bell peppers, a watermelon, a bunch of dill, tomatoes, white onions and honey! Yum!


Mommy and Daddy had a yummy dinner with all of the fresh produce and I had a yummy dinner of a chicken wing and drumstick!

So far, I am doing great with potty training too!

All in all, it was a good day. Mom is going to make a few things for me tonight that she'll post about later!

No comments:

Post a Comment